Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Scentsy v Walmart brand


To order scentsy please email coricasebeer@gmail.com

OK, so I LOVE my candles. I love to walk into a room and it smell amazing. I've seen that Scentsy is everywhere but I'm a little concerned about the price. I also see that Walmart has the same wax bars and warmers for half the price. So, naturaly, I decided to try both.

Price:

Price is always the first thing I notice. Scentsy is obviously proud of their product. It is $5 per bar and the warmers range from $20 for a plug in $40 for the new premium warmers. Where as Walmart has a much more appealing price tag of $2.50 per bar and around $10 for a warmer.

Product Selection:

Scentsy has over 180 scents to choose from and adds a new one each month. They have two months a year where they also bring back 20 retired bars called a "Bring Back my Bar" month in January and July. They Change out Summer/Winter scents in March and September. Though I'm not sure of the exact number of Walmart scents since they have different brands like Scentsational Better Homes I did not find as many as Scentsy.

Product Availablility:

Walmart is obviously more convinient to run and get what you want when you run out rather than having to order and wait up to two weeks. Though I have seen Scentsy at almost every festival, yard sale, and expo that I have been to lately. There are usually multiple consultants per town and many of them carry stock.
 
How does it compare:

I have used both now and I will definatly stick to Scentsy. The Walmart warmers get to hot for my liking while Scentsy I can (and have) accidently spill on me and it not burn. The Walmart bars may be cheaper but I feel like I go through them twice as fast. Therefore spending the same amount in the long run. I also love that Scentsy is so much more than just wax and warmers but that will be in my next post. :)


Scentsy ****(4 stars)
Walmart ** (2 stars)

NOW DOING A SCENTSY GIVEAWAY!!


No comments:

Post a Comment